Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Permit & Progress










Just in case you are still in disbelief this renovation is actually happening... Here's the official building permit!



The rebar for the new addition is in place. I've seen the design on paper, but seeing this picture really puts into perspective the size of the addition! The main level addition will be the chapter room, and then upstairs (the addition as well as the current back five, back-4-girl, president's bathroom and back bathroom) will all be transformed into 2- and 3-bedroom rooms with a new bathroom.




The old main level powder room is no more! This space will completely transform and essentially be the location for vending machines that will close off from the hall with a door. A fantastic alternative to the otherwise constantly trashed study/CLC room/lounge. But I digress...




One last homage to those of you who shared my sentimentality of seeing the deck removed... Rest more peacefully knowing that all of that old decking is going to a good home. It's off to be recycled!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I pledged in 2000, and that's when I first heard we were going to renovate the house. I graduated in 2004, moved to Atlanta where I now live with my fellow UGA grad (and AKL advisor) hubby Eric. Since 2006, I've been volunteering with HCB. I have been an Atlanta-area Realtor for the past 3 years and now also serve as the southeastern property manager for Chick-fil-A, Inc. You can reach me at: flowers.jennifer@gmail.com